Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 9



Nassau, Bahamas!

Warm, sunny and friendly! We boarded a minibus and travelled to the far end of the island for a day of viewing the coral reefs and tropical fish of the Carribean Sea! We each operated a one-man sub for a deeper view of God's creation and then snorkled on the surface. The fish are so unique and colourful! Purple, blue, stripped, yellow, mult-coloured, large, small...... the variety goes on and on. Absolutely amazing! The coral reefs were incredible also.... fans, coral, all different shapes, sizes and colours.
Once while snorkling, I looked down and saw a HUGE creature right below me. I raised my head, called an alert and looked down again only to see the 4-5 foot reef shark swimming away! My only disappointment was that in the shock of seeing a shark, I failed to get a picture of it! Can you believe it! A missed opportunity!









No comments: